Monday, June 25, 2007

Where I've been


Papaver orientale 'Prince of Orange' - indeed

I wanted to say I've been living with indigenous people in New Guinea or trekking the mountains of New Zealand or finalizing the arrangements for moving to Tenerife in the Canary Islands but I can't. No, I've taken a few weeks hiatus as I adjust to a terrific new job. With a much longer commute and a constant stream of gardening and other outdoor activities, a reordering of priorities happened and this blog ended near the bottom.

poppy buds

Less time at home has sharpened my interest and made me more attentive to the growing cycles of everything. My intent for this blog has never been to chronicle the minutiae of every task but discover and share in the why's behind what is happening here. I'm an observer by nature and nature is what I'm interested in.

ready to "pop"

Good news is I have been gifted with a digital camera (thanks Beth!). Now I am teasingly addressed as "Ansel Adams" - I wish - but I've always admired the work of Eliot Porter. Anyway, expect more photography and less text as this blog moves forward. I much prefer the written word but it's that "finding the time" thing again.

poppies and peonies

3 Comments:

Kathy said...

Great looking lupines. Glad you're enjoying the job.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

The new camera seems to be working out well. Great poppy picture. Congrats on the new job. I really understand the time problem, especially this time of year.

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

Those poppies are incredible!